We are finally in our home in Washington. I almost froze last night. Which is funny because it only got down to 40. Being from Northern California, you don't experience much cold weather. We are currently renting an older home that only has one heater (with no connecting vent to bedroom). Until the movers get here, we are sleeping on the air mattress (which I swear made it colder). I think husband loved it because I was cuddling him the entire night. I am not usually much of a cuddler at night (and he is).
Today we officially become broke ;) . We went out and bought ourselves a washer, dryer, and vacuum.
Buying things for the home really do add up quickly. Buying these things really made me feel like a married couple though. I am so blessed to have this man. He did all the research and figured out where was the best place to purchase. Mike has a hard time spending money. He majored in Economics and would be most happy if we saved every penny. I know he bought these things to make me feel more at home.
While in Salt Lake, Mike surprised me and took me to Red Iguana. We have a love of Mexican food unlike any other. Also, one of the things California does best. It is the number one rated restaurant in Salt Lake. It was so delicious. I ordered nachos and ate the entire plate. Mike ordered black mole. It didn't look very appetizing. Mike made me try it and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I am not usually the most adventurous when it comes to eating. My tummy left happy.
5 comments:
i LOVE the red iguana! i'm from norcal too and good mexican food in utah is hard to come by so thats one of the few spots we ever go to! and thats awesome that you've got such a money conscious man!
thank you for sharing with us your colourful and delicious meal- I want Mexican now :D
I've heard great things about the Red Iguana!! Glad you are getting settled in:)
xx, amy
www.dreamingincashmere.com
OH MY GOODNESS...... This food looks divine! Good luck with the move! I am constantly wondering when my husband and I are going to get our own home..... Then it makes me super nervous at the same time because of all the expenses. Congrats though! That is amazing! Good luck with the move!
xoxo
Liesl
woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com
That Mexican food looks amazing!
Post a Comment