Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So excited!

I am so excited for Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is tomorrow. YAY! This year has really flown by for me. I think Thanksgiving is such an awesome holiday. I mean delicious food and taking time to remember what you are thankful for. This year we are spending Thanksgiving with my Aunt and her family in Seattle. I think I am most excited that this year is the first official year I get to spend with Mike as my husband together. The last few years we have been separated on thanksgiving. I am definitely going to miss spending thanksgiving with my family (my mother is the best cook).

This year, I am taking on some of the cooking. I am making mac&cheese, mashed potatoes, pie, 24 hr fruit salad, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and stuffing. It seems like a lot of food but I am making pretty small quantities of all of them. I am also making a lot more than usual because I love keeping traditions. Like when I think of thanksgiving, I think of specific food and activities we do as a family. I wanted to make a dish of everyone's favorite things so they feel at home. Oh how I love thanksgiving.
At SLC Temple 
Also, this means Christmas isn't too far away!! We are hoping to cut down our own tree this year. We will see if that happens.

2 comments:

Justin + Liesl said...

Jenna.... you have got to be kidding me! This photo is beautiful. Stop making everyone so envious. Seriously.
Have an absolutely lovely Thanksgiving.

xoxo
Liesl

woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

Thanks Liesl!! I hope you have the best thanksgiving.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS