Monday, February 4, 2013

The weekend I met my cousins


This weekend was another great one. On Friday night, we went over to a friends house for pizza and boardgames. I was quite proud because I won. We played Cards against Humanity. Which is really random/dirty. It's like apples to apples (which i like), but didn't really enjoy this version. Most people just picked the dirtiest card and not even what made the most sense. But, the pizza was delicious and I tired ukraine tea for the first time. I loved it. I have a soft spot for all things tea. John had a whole selection of teas at his house. It was like my own personal shopping place of teas. I was a little jealous but glad he shared his tea with me. They also had a pug. I love pugs and wish I had one. 

So at our church, I met a women with the last name of Leavitt (my maiden name). We bonded over our shared last name and I grew to really like her after a few church visits. She invited Mike and I over for dinner on Saturday night with her family. We have been joking that "we are probably related" but finally proved it this weekend. We looked up in the book of Leavitts (yes, there really is such a thing) and it turns out we are 3rd cousins. I can't stop laughing at this, mostly because I feel like this is only something that would happen in the LDS church. As goofy as this is, I feel lucky that I am related to them. They are such a kind, strong and loving family. I can't wait to get to know them better. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's awesome! I can't believe you're 3rd cousins!!!!

Katy said...

isn't it funny how life does that to us. we meet someone and realize just how small the world is

helen said...

WOW what a small world. i love stories like these!! what a fun and heartwarming discovery :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely weekend and WOW what a small small world!
Love the photo, your skirt is gorgeous and the puppy is adorable!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella
http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS