I have still been sick (going on 6 weeks) so I haven't been at 100 percent but still enjoying my time. The older I get, the more I love spending time with my parents. They are pretty awesome. On Friday we took the ferry over to Port Ludlow. We went grocery shopping. My grandma showed up around 10 and we stayed up late chatting to her. I don't think I have seen her in 5 years. I think Port Ludlow is more of a retirement community as we mostly encountered older adults. The scenery is beautiful and lots of hiking trails.
On Saturday, we went to our favorite diner in Sequim. If you are ever in town, go to the Oak Table Cafe. It is seriously to die for. Their breakfast foods are the best. My dad then rented us a charter boat and we went finishing on the bay. And guess what? We caught a 46 pound halibut!!! (picture evidence above) I even got to reel it in. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Now Mike and I have enough fish to last us all summer and then some.
On Sunday, we went on a run/hike around the neighborhood checking out houses. Mike and I love looking at real estate. It is so much fun to look at all the different styles of houses in different areas. We then went out for pizza and ice cream in Port Townsend. Of course, it had to pour while we were walking around. Gotta love Washington ;)
We also played quite a bit of tennis. Every time I play tennis, I wonder why I don't play more often. I love it and it is a great workout. Mike and I have rackets so I am going to try and get out more. In fact, don't be surprised if I make Mike play again with me this week.
On a side note, Mike and I started a new thing called oil pulling. I already had some sunflower oil around the house so I wanted to try it out once I saw a pin about it. We both really liked it. I found this article that explains a lot of good information about it. I get to see the dentist in a few weeks so I am interested to see if he notices any differences in my teeth.
Feeling so very blessed!
We also played quite a bit of tennis. Every time I play tennis, I wonder why I don't play more often. I love it and it is a great workout. Mike and I have rackets so I am going to try and get out more. In fact, don't be surprised if I make Mike play again with me this week.
On a side note, Mike and I started a new thing called oil pulling. I already had some sunflower oil around the house so I wanted to try it out once I saw a pin about it. We both really liked it. I found this article that explains a lot of good information about it. I get to see the dentist in a few weeks so I am interested to see if he notices any differences in my teeth.
Feeling so very blessed!
| a picture of all my loves at pizza |


No comments:
Post a Comment