Thursday, April 30, 2015

life lately

Being able to walk to the grocery store is pretty awesome. I honestly love it. What I don't love is having to carry the bags back. One of these days, I have a feelings my bags are going to break. Mike's schedule is becoming a little more routine. Tuesday/Thursdays are his "slower days" so we can usually go on a mini-date before he has to start working again. On Monday/Wednesday, he has calls until 11:30 and usually stays up until 1. I feel pretty bad for him. Especially because I wake up so much earlier than him and I know I wake up.
On Sunday, Mike went golfing with some of his friends so I went to Santa Cruz with a girlfriend. Then on Tuesday, I find out that Sunday was her birthday. I understand that some people don't like celebrating their birthday but you can't hang out with someone and not tell them it's your birthday. It just doesn't seem right to me. Luckily, we have a great time laying on the beach. She also works at apple so she could only spend a few hours before she had to get back to work.
My parents were in Nepal when the avalanche hit. In fact they were supposed to be at basecamp when the avalanche hit. It's pretty hard to put into words how I am feeling right now. On one hand I feel so grateful that my parents are still alive but on the other, I can't stop thinking of all the many who didn't survive. My parents were supposed to have traveled to basecamp but their guides told them no. They even begged the guides but they refused because the weather was too poor to travel. They were about a 2 hour hike away when it hit. All of the doctors at basecamp passed away so my parents were able to help a lot of people that otherwise would have gone without medical care. They are continuing to help at a hospital for the hikers. I haven't really heard much from them and not sure when they will be getting back. I am kinda thinking it will be a while.

I don't have a picture that goes along with anything that has been happening. But I got a new computer. 6 years and a busted screen later :)

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS