Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The power of good







I hope you had as lovely of a three day weekend as I did!
I have been thinking constantly thinking about the power of good. I sometimes have a tendency to focus on the bad (characteristics, options, traits, ect).
So, this month my goal is to see the good in all I do. I will even focus on the good in the most unfavorable places/things. Whenever I meet a new person, I want to see the good traits of the person. I want to focus on their kind words, happy exterior, giving heart, and all things good. Sometimes that good might be as simple as nice shoes or cute hair. Everyone (including myself) has good and bad things about them. It is so easy to focus on the negative aspects of others because, let's face it, those traits are the hardest to accept. But instead, I want to be the person who searches for the good inall. We all have good inside of us. Imagine every time you see an old friend or meet a new one, you focus onall things good.
I heard this quote at church and I really enjoyed it, "Don't let the bad make you forget about the good."
After church, I went out to a lovely little restaurant called moms. It is really quite adorable. They have pictures all around the room of local moms. They also serve some delicious food. I have been once before and ordered the burger. One of the best burgers I have ever eaten. I went their hoping to order the burger again but they were not serving it for another hour. They had a special that day of Belgium waffle. After receiving my waffle, I was quite happy I was unable to order the burger. It was out of this world delicious. My mouth is salivating just thinking of this waffle. In fact, after breakfast I was ready to go back for lunch. Speaking of, who's hungry? ;)

21 comments:

Meg said...

This is such a sweet post, one that's both sensitive and thoughtful. And that waffle looks oh-so yummy!

http://lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com/

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is such a good reminder! I definitely forget too often to look on the bright side and see the good! And you definitely have me craving waffles now! YUM.

P.S. I'd love for you to come enter my monogrammed bag giveaway! Come join the fun! http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com/2012/09/grateful-bags-giveaway.html

Katie Did What said...

i love this!! it is so much better to focus on the good in life than the bad, because, really, when you start doing that? you find there's SO MUCH good out there, and how amazing is that?! almost as amazing as that belgian waffle. yum.
xo

Diana said...

What an adorable restaurant! What an inspiring goal as well. I am all for choosing joy everyday! You go girl.

ps. OMG @ that waffle! =O Lol. Looks amazing!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

This is such an inspirational post!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I wouldn't have been able to have read your wonderful words if your hadn't!! : )
God bless!!

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Iliska Dreams said...

Is that you and your Mum in the top image? If so you are lucky... great genes.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

angie said...

I'm hungry now after mentioning waffles....yum!!! What a lovely blog post too xx

Justin + Liesl said...

looks like a wonderful time! What a neat place to go and eat! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was such a great reminder.

xoxo
Liesl

woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com

Stesha said...

what an awesome place!!

x
Classic & Bubbly

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment!!

jewel said...

Aww, you and your mother are adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the super sweet comments. Xo_Jewel
mspchic.blogspot.com

jewel said...

Aww, you and your mother are adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the super sweet comments. Xo_Jewel
mspchic.blogspot.com

Kate said...

How sweet! I love the mom photos :)

Unknown said...

Lovely post, I think it's always nice to try and see the good in people, negativity just brings ya down!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Cheltz said...

I love people who only see the good in others, and would like to be one of those myself. I'm getting better, but not their yet ...

The Moms restaurant is pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute post! I definitely have to remember this more often. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

stacelizgough said...

What a fantastic goal!! Love your pictures!

http://www.letgough.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your blog is lovely. Thanks for leading me to it.
Love the picture with your Mum.
It sounds like a very nice place.

Xaimarys said...

Beautiful photos. When you get a chance I'd love it if you could check out my blog.

Xaimarys ♡
www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

Gita said...

First of all, what a lovely blog. Second, I'm in love with your outfit here, you're such a lady :)!
Hey, thanks for your comment, it means a lot :).

xx
http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love everything about this post. <3 The first photograph is one to be cherished forever!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS