Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A day of fun






We have been looking for a home in Washington for a while now. Everything is either super expensive or not very nice. It has been a little discouraging. Why does looking for homes have to be so tough? To get out minds off the lack of homes in our price range, I took Mike out on a day of fun-filled husband activities. It was also nice for me because he got my mind off all my problems. Whenever something in my life isn't going right, I tend to think and think about it all of the time. I know this isn't helpful at all but can not get myself to stop over thinking everything.
We started the day at Cj's Eatery. I heard heard they make some mean egg products, which is Mike's favorite breakfast. He ordered a bacon omelet. I think he liked it because he ate the entire thing. Eggs are not my thing so I know it meant a lot to Mike when we showed up and there was an entire page of egg related breakfasts.
After breakfast, we walked to Pike's Market because I wanted to show Mike the gum wall! It was super gross but oh so fun. There was quite a lot of gum in the alley. We than went to Gas Work's Park and took in the view for a while. The day was so lovely that it is hard not to want to spend the whole day outside. Washington weather has been incredible.
For lunch, I took Mike to his favorite kind of food- pizza! We checked out this restaurant called Serious Pie. He ordered a Potato Pizza. It was very interesting. The pizza did not have any red sauce on it and I thought it was a  little bland. I ordered the marinara pizza and it was delicious. I love pizza. The best part of the day was that Mike had a blast. He wasn't completely sold on Washington and I can tell that he is falling more in love with it everyday. It truly is a beautiful state. We are planning a hike next weekend. Woohoo!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

what a fun day! you guys are so cute :)

The Braided Bandit said...

This sounds like such a fabulous times! Its so sweet that you put is likes first and really wanted to show him how good the city can be! A day of delish breakfast AND pizza is a great day in my book!
xo Hannah

Unknown said...

nice post!!:) i'm following you, visit my blog if you want .)
http://anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.it/

The Fashion Philosophy said...

BEYOND adorable!

ox from NYC!
davie+erica

LPFashionPhilosophy

Care said...

Love the pics, beautiful flowers and beautiful outfit!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS