Monday, December 17, 2012

Burgers

About 6 months ago, I went vegan for a few months. I was pretty nervous about eating no-animal products but gave it a try anyway. The fist week was pretty challenging. I loved it because it really made me think about what I was eating and how to make sure it was balanced. Animal products have most of our proteins so you really have to make sure you are eating enough. My husband even agreed to join me, although, I think he snuck meat when I wasn't around.
I really loved how I felt. I was eating a lot more vegetables, fruit, and beans. Then I spent a month at home with my family, and my vegan ways were gone (my family loves meat). And although, I am not eating a vegan diet anymore, I really enjoyed how it helped me view food. At home, I eat so much more healthily. I had to learn to like more vegetables and really enjoy natural flavorings.
Since the end of my vegan journey, I have been craving hamburgers. Which is weird for me because I have never really enjoyed burgers before. I used to be a chicken-nugget kind of girl. Now, anytime I see a burger on the menu, I order it.
This weekend, as we drove by Five Guy Burger, Mike asked if I wanted some for lunch. I was so excited by this because he doesn't really like five guys (he claims it is too greasy). I was beyond happy that he took me to this delicious burger joint. I ever ate the whole burger, which I regretted afterwards.

About 6 months ago, I went vegan for a few months. I was pretty nervous about eating no-animal products but gave it a try anyway. The fist week was pretty challenging. I loved it because it really made me think about what I was eating and how to make sure it was balanced. Animal products have most of our proteins so you really have to make sure you are eating enough. Mike even agreed to join me, although, I think he snuck meat when I wasn't around. 
I really loved how I felt. I was eating a lot more vegetables, fruits, and beans. Then I spent a month at home with my family, and my vegan ways were gone (my family loves meat). And although, I am not eating a vegan diet anymore, I really enjoyed how it helped me view food. At home, I eat so much more healthily. I had to learn to like more vegetables and really enjoy natural flavorings. 
Since the end of my vegan journey, I have been craving hamburgers. Which is weird for me because I have never really enjoyed burgers before. I used to be a chicken-nugget kind of girl. Now, anytime I see a burger on the menu, I order it. 
This weekend, as we drove by Five Guy Burger, Mike asked if I wanted some for lunch. I was so excited by this because he doesn't really like five guys (he claims it is too greasy). I was beyond happy that he took me to this delicious burger joint. I even ate the whole burger, which I regretted afterwards. 



On a side-note, I found a piano teacher to start lessons with. I can't wait to get back into my piano studies. She is such a talented pianist and plays at our church a lot. And, my dad and brother are visiting next week. I can't wait to show David the local hot dog place. He loves hot dogs and I know he will LOVE this place. Can't wait to see you family. SOOOO EXCITED!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am super excited you've found a piano teacher! I really should be finding more time to just play a few notes myself.
I find your Vegan story interesting. When I was in my early 20's I was a strict vegetarian for 3 years. I can relate, my views of food shifted. I felt great, at first. But, the longer I kept at it, the less "healthy" I began to feel. Even though I was being super careful about getting the necessary nutrients, something was missing. Meat. Now-a-days I'm eating a relatively strict paleo diet (Veggies, fruit, meat, nuts, and seeds ((no dairy, beans, grains, breads, pasta, etc.)) and I have never felt better! I'm glad to finally have found a dietary lifestyle that works so well with my body! Initially, I lost 15lbs in the first month and my body changes very rapidly.
I never get the "2:30's", I am fuller, faster, I don't crave foods anymore, I have tons of energy, no bloating, a flat belly, and I sleep all the way through the night! I also can think more clearly and my focus is laser sharp!!! I highly recommend looking into the paleo diet if you are going to continue to eat animal products and if your interested in fueling your body, feeling, and looking great!

Sorry for my preachy diet story, but, I could really relate to your words this morning!
-Ruth-

kELLY said...

we are eating paleo! which isn't vegan, but its still healthy! haha we cheat a lot though :( we love chinese.

Unknown said...

kELLO, I eat Thai food often, I just don't eat the rice! However, I do not make my choice to follow the Paleo lifestyle a religion..so, I will eat the rice if I please! Usually brown rice...:)
I do not believe there is one "right" diet for all of us, but I do believe that there are benefits from eating your own version of the Paleo diet!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Five guys! If you live in UT [I'm not sure where you live] you should try Tony Burger's too it's kind of the same idea, but a more local chain [I think they only have 3 locations!]

Gina Gao said...

I have to eat burgers sometime. I haven't eaten any in so long that it is kind of ridiculous. Five guys seems like a pretty good place.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A burger is perfectly fine every now and again - and good for you for being able to be vegan for such a long time! I've always wanted to give it a go, but I'm waiting for a time when my boyfriend will join me, haha (a girl can dream!)

xx,
Maya

Yours Truly said...

Kudos to going vegan for a little while. I consider it every so often to help lose weight, feel better etc. But then I remember almost everydinner involved meat, and I like that : ) Plus with a meat loving husband who grew up on a farm raising their own meat, he would never join me, nor would my two little girls. Our closest attempt was juicing, which we did for two meals a day and ate whatever we wanted for dinner. Loved it actually, but had to give the juicer back to our inlaws haha. Ps. never been to Five Guys but that burger loosk delish!

*new follower*
Sydney...p.s.s...thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS