before the race!
after my run Saturday, I took a beak on Sunday. i made chocolate chip cookies and ate almost half the dough. which left me feeling not so wonderful, but the cookies were so very delicious. this morning I woke up and did a slow 4.5 miles and it felt so wonderful. i love running in the mornings. it really helps to start my day of right. I have developed two irrational fears while running, both having to do with bushes: 1. bee's bussing- although this isn't only around bushes anymore. anytime I run by a bussing creature I freak out and start running way faster. this makes no sense because I haven't been bitten by a bee since elementary. 2. an animal moves inside the bush- I immediately think I will be attacked by an unknown creature inside of the bush. although this has yet to happen, I am always ready if it does. I am starting to consider running in the middle of the street ;)
on Sunday, I had such a wonderful time teaching my sunbeams. they are seriously the sweetest kids ever and I feel so lucky to be their teacher. i made all of the kids play dough and they were so excited about it. I was a little worried because I wasn't sure if we would fight over the colors or not but it worked out perfectly and everyone got their favorite color dough.
lastly, my husband is the best. the race on Saturday was pretty darn freezing and windy yet he came and cheered me on anyway. I am quite sure he froze to death but he wanted to support me. and it sure was nice to cross the finish line and see his cute smiling face! |
5 comments:
I used to be a Sunbeam teacher and it was seriously SO fun! Love those kidos!
I love the sunbeams. I teach the eight year olds that get baptized this year. Very fun class.
Good for you on the race front. My conditioning is going well, hopefully I can reach my goal. Jenna where do you live again? Talk soon,
Shauna xoxo
How sweet that your husband come to cheer you on!! I'm sure it meant so much to have him do so for you =)
@Shauna We currently live in Washington! Mike is in the Navy and we live near Seattle. Definitely missing the California weather right now.
Good morning Jenna!!Ireally love your sweet blog.I am Kate from Greece and i became a member of you!your photos are fantastic and the presentation too..come to see my blog.It'w about poetry,music and dreams!!many kisses frm Athens!!!!
Post a Comment