Saturday, May 18, 2013

the 10k I ran today went so wonderfully. the last mile almost killed me (oh how I hate running up hills) but it felt so rewarding to finish having ran the whole time. it was so wonderful because it didn't rain the entire race and it was a little chilly, which I was so thankful for a mile into the race. there is something to be said about finishing through with a task. it gives me such a sense of accomplishment and confidence. i have read a lot of studies that say following an intense workout plan can sometimes be more effective than anti-depressants. 
after the race, we decided to take my cousins to the go-kart rink and arcade. i had so much fun.. and so did they! i swear my husband is so embarrassed of me because I act like a ten year old when i get into an arcade. i just love them so much (the basketball game is the BEST). i was a little sad because my youngest cousin couldn't drive because he was under the height requirement. so, he was forced to be my passenger. i could tell he was sad about it. i mean how disheartening to have to sit along while everyone else drives. 
i love how happy little ones are. they make life more fun! 

i got husband to take me out to ice-cream as a reward afterwards :) thanks!



3 comments:

kiki said...

love your green blouse:)

Shauna said...

That's a big run. I'm conditioning for a 5k right now. I'm doing to try to beat this girl in my ward who ran it in 22 minuts. Can you believe that? We'll see how it goes. You look cute as ever,

Take care,

Shauna xoxox

Jenna said...

That is awesome Shauna! 22 minutes is a great time but I know you can do it:) hope you have a great week!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS