I can't believe I leave for Portland today. I am running my very first marathon in two days. I am so nervous. It seems like each day, I get more and more nervous. I am not sure why, since I really wanted to do this. Yet, I still keep getting more nervous. I have all these worries about how I am going to run, if I will be able to run the whole time, how bad the hills might be, ect. I also keeping thinking that maybe I should have signed up to run a half-marathon first. Why is it so easy to second guess myself? I know I can do this and have trained my buns off.
I am also nervous because my dad is coming to the race. My dad is the one who got me into running and I don't want to disappoint him. He is also an amazing runner that runs so much faster than I. Actually, my mom, dad, husband, and in-laws will all be there. I am so very thankful that they are coming but it makes me more scared as well. What if I can't finish and they came all the way there to support me. I really don't think that will happen but it still makes me scared.
Although I am very nervous, I am excited to explore Portland. Even though I live fairly close, I have never actually been to Portland (besides drive-thoughs). Mike and I already have a few destinations picked out that we want to check out (of course food is included). I have also heard that Portland is a few degrees warmer than Seattle. I am hoping this is true because I have been freezing the last few weeks.
Oh, I forgot to mention that my computer charger broke. Gotta love the MacBook Pro chargers. I have gone through three in the last two years. So, I have been without my computer all week. I thought I would be pretty sad without it, but its amazing how much stuff I have gotten done around the house. I still am happy that I will have my computer back on Monday.
![]() |

6 comments:
You'll love Portland !!! plus it's not supposed to rain down here this week :)
Yay! How exciting that you're going to be running!!! :-D I'm SO excited to meet you!!!
What a great support system you have! Good luck, I bet you'll do great. Have fun in Portland!
Msemilybee.blogspot.com
I'm so impressed! You got this you stud of a girl! I am loving your will to carry on- can't wait to see pictures and act like im there cheering you on:)
Jenna! How did it go?! I saw you got to meet another fellow blogger that I with were me! :) I'm so glad I found you Jenna, you're a gem, and a lovely spirit. Hope all went great and can't wait to hear more. Love,
Shauna xoxoxo
@Shauna- I made it to the end!! It was soo hard. I cried when I reached the finished line. I know, I so want to meet you as well. Maybe next time I head to SF we can meet up. I am glad I have gotten to know you through blogging as well- your family is the cutest!!!
Post a Comment