Thursday, October 10, 2013

Haiti part 2

I completed my marathon!! I almost didn't make it. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be so I am so happy to have made it to the end. I'll share more later on it but thought I would show the last of my pictures to Haiti. 
this little lady fell in love with candice. she always had beautiful bows in her hair :)
this sweet little guy would follow our group wherever we would go. we went to a number of villages and he would get on his bike and follow behind us. he was such a talented bike

these shelters were build after the earthquake/hurricane and meant to last 6 months. but since many still do not have homes, they are still being used over 3 years later. These homes are made of plywood and wrapped in tarp. They usually have 3+ people living in them.

saying prayers. 

I thought this was so beautiful. 

they fell in love with hand sanitizer. It was so cute because she wanted me to sanitize her hand 4 times every hour. It was hard to say no. Especially because I couldn't explain to her that it was only meant to be used when your hard were dirty.

love  

she is beautiful

three of my favorite girls from the trip

me and candice. we got to visit the beach on the last day. it was so stunning. 

candice got baptized!! it was so special to get to be apart of her baptism. 

2 comments:

Susannah said...

What amazing pictures!!! I can't believe we didn't talk about your trip when we had coffee!!!!

eray said...

congratulations on your marathon! and very cool (and humbling!) photos of your time it haiti.

msemilybee.blogspot.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS