Saturday, February 15, 2014

Boston


Our first two days in Boston have been amazing. Friday was perfect, weather wise. The sun was out and it wasn't too cold. Friday afternoon Mike had the interview. We took (my first time) the subway to Cambridge from our friends apartment. They live in the most beautiful church that was converted into an apartment building. Their windows are all stained glass. We have had so much fun getting to spend time with them. Mike felt like he did ok on the interview. He can be a bit of a perfectionist so I bet it went better than he thinks. I must admit, I've fallen head over heals for Boston. It has so much history and is completely beautiful. I really hope that everything works out and we are able to move here. Mike loved all the people he met at the interview. He felt he would be able to become good friends with a lot of them. Now that Mike has come here, he wants it even more. I've never heard him so passionate about something. Isn't it the best to find your niche? 
Today has been a lot colder. It has been snowing almost all day. The last few hours have also been extemely windy so it makes it hard to go outside. Neither of us have ever really had to live in snow (except mikes time at the academy) and we are at surprised at how much we like it. I'm sure that will change when it's march and still snow on the ground. Today we celebrated our anniversary. The first date mike took me on was valentines day. We celebrated today since yesterday was quite busy. He took me to chipotle, the place we had our first date and spoiled me with a night at the Intercontinental hotel. It's pretty fancy. I feel like a lucky lady! 
We spent the day exploring Boston with our friends. It was pretty wonderful (and cold). I really like Stephine, our friend we are staying with. We spent a lot of the day laughing. We saw Paul Revere's house, the old north church, Faneuil hall, and ate at mike's pastry. We ate our first Boston cream pie--- amazing!!!! I didn't know what I was missing out on. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS