Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Life Lately

This week has been extremely stressful for me. I have about 100 things due and I am leaving for Boston Thursday night. I am taking my last research class this quarter, which means I have to conduct a research project. My goodness, a lot of work goes into creating research. I definitely have a new respect for individuals in the research field. I have to submit a proposal for my idea by tomorrow. I am really nervous about it. I have most of the work complete but I need to put my final touches on it. It is kind of crazy to think that next week I will be conducting my first experiment. Tonight Mike and I teach our ESL class. I really love teaching it but it feels like a lot. I wish I had thought about finding a substitute. I honestly didn't really think about it because the trip to Boston was so last minute. Before Thursday, I have to complete a homework assignment, finish my proposal, and write a outline for another paper I have due. I figured out that by the end of this quarter, I will have written over 50 pages. Gotta love going to a school that focuses on research. 
On a lighter note, I completed my final role-play and officially can call myself a counseling advocate. I feel so blessed that I have found something that I am so passionate about. I love getting to help people who have been affected by sexual assault/domestic violence. The people I get to assist are such strong women.
I am going to Boston in two days!! I can't even begin to describe my excitement. Mike's interview is on Friday, which is on anniversary. Nine years ago, we became best friends. I can't believe how long we have been together. We rented a 5-star hotel for our anniversary. We both are pretty elated because we have never stayed at such a nice hotel before. We have been practicing non-stop for his interview, spending a few hours a day doing practice interviews. He has also been practicing by himself for another few hours a day.
Wish us luck! 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS