His official last day in the navy is August 1st. For the first time in our lives, we can live wherever we want. It's quite exciting to think about. I love that I now have control over my own life. It's also kind of surreal to think about not having to ask permission to take weekend trips. Our future is in limbo right now. We don't really know what is next. Mike applied to two business schools incase this happened, and got wait listed. We were pretty disappointed, as we were hoping to have a plan for our future. It especially seemed nice to me because I love keeping calendars. Since being in the Navy, you can't really keep a calendar, or plan for the future. You never know what will come next or where they might send you. I was so excited because I thought, Mike is going to school and I can finally plan my next step. But instead, we don't know what is happening next. Luckily, we find out from the wait list in June. It's still hard as I would like to apply for jobs but I am trying to learn to let go. I realize that not everything is in my hands.
Mike and I are also planning a few back up plans. He is going to an Academy job conference in DC in a few weeks. He is going to scope out jobs and see if he finds anything that looks interesting. We both also applied to become ESL teachers in both Ecuador and China. It's funny because Mike really wants to do China, while I really want to do Ecuador. We have taught ESL for the last 8 months in our community and really loved it. We also figured we could try applying again for business school next year and just enjoy this year living abroad.
Anyway, my parents are headed up for for Memorial day week. They rented a little beach house by Bainbridge island. I am so excited to see them. My grandma, who I haven't seen in over 5 years, will also be there. I can't wait to see her because she is hilarious. My dad rented a fishing cruise for us on Saturday. I must admit, I am dreading it. It last for 8 hours and I tend to get sea-sick.
Mike has also been gone for the last week and he gets back today. I already have a date night planned out. I get to pick him up from the airport and cannot wait to see him (or give him a few kisses).
mike's graduation day (and he got his diploma from Obama:)
1 comment:
I'm excited to see what the next stage of life will look like for you guys. You could always move to Portland... ;-)
Post a Comment