Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Oreo Brownies





Mike went to the Naval Academy where they made you eat in the cafeteria during the week. He hated the food. Which is crazy because he is pretty easy to please. Although he has bad memories of the food, he fondly remembers these Oreo Brownies they used to serve. He has been searching for them ever since but hasn't been able to find them anywhere. I had never had them so I thought he was crazy. We started experimenting and have found something he likes :)

Here is the recipe for the Oreo brownies. They are so incredibly easy to make. I use the Betty Crocker brownie mix because I like their flavor the best. I follow the directions on the box but use Canola Oil and add 2 tablespoons extra. 

I add six Oreos to the batter. (Mike likes his Oreos ground up with the food processor. I like mine a little crunchy so I just put six Oreos in a plastic bag and break the apart. Either way works, just pick which way you like best). Mix the batter and Oreos crumbs together. 

Pour the batter into a baking dish. Top with 6 crushed up Oreos and bake according to package directions. 

Aren't Oreos the best?


10 comments:

McKenna Lou said...

These look amazing! I am so glad you posted this recipe. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

Unknown said...

Oreo brownies - are you kidding me? I think you just became my favorite person, ever. Haha these look amazing!!

Susannah said...

Oh my goodness!!! These look dangerous!!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I love Oreos and brownies so this is perfect haha

-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com

Shauna said...

Thank you Jenna!!! I'm so glad we are getting better aquainted with each other!! You have a great vibe about you. And I'm not sure you saw that I passed on my award to you. It's in the bottom of my post. Talk soon,

Shauna xoxoxoxxo

Unknown said...

looks so yummy... now I'm hungry hehe :)...

Jenna said...

@Shauna. Thank you so much. You are too kind!

ion dumitrescu said...

nice blog !
www.3fstreet.blogspot.com

Thai Lottery said...

I am so glad you posted this recipe. It's really very helpful information. Thanks

Sayed said...

Great information. Many many thanks for your recipe. Thanks for sharing

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS