Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A few more from the 4th

after our walk around greenlake
the parade we went to in the morning


We didn't bring our tripod on the fourth but I think Mike got some cool pictures of the fireworks. I love fireworks. Our view was pretty awesome (besides the crane)! We still haven't lit our sparklers. 
On Monday night, we went over to the Leavitt's house to celebrate Amalie's birthday. We always have so much fun with them. 
Mike bought himself a fishing kayak and is pretty excited about it. He loves to fish and is hoping to spend a lot of time in it while I am gone for almost a month. My sister gives birth in August and I will be coming home for the birth. I will be staying a few weeks with her and the new baby. I am a first time aunt and so elated about it. I can't wait to put that little lady in cute clothes ;)
After I spend a few weeks with my sister, I am going to Haiti with a girlfriend for a week. I am pretty nervous and also really excited. I get to work in an orphanage for a week and spend time with those beautiful children. Which, is one of my favorite things to do. I also get to spend time with one of my best friends, Candice. She has a pen-pal in Haiti and has wanted to meet her for a long time. I am so happy that Candice thought to invite me on this trip. 
I am currently reading Living Buddha, Living Christ and loving it so much. I have started to become really interested in Buddhism. I love how it focuses on love and understanding (which is what I think Christ is all about). My study of Buddhism has really opened my eyes. It's been pretty awesome. 

9 comments:

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Love these photos, so beautiful! Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

Susannah said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm so jealous that you're going to Haiti to work in an orphanage for a while! Some of my most fond memories are of the time I spent in Ethiopia working in an orphange! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Shauna said...

Wow, Jenna that is big news. I hope you will be safe and that it will be a wonderful experience for you. What a blessing all around. Buddhism is very interesting. We studied it in history with the kids this last year. Love to you,

Shauna xo

Always Maylee said...

The fireworks look great, seems like you had a fun time! Have fun in Haiti, you will have an amazing time.

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Ana said...

amazing pics, cool post!

if you want to win a FOSSIL sunglasses go to
www.lessismoreblog.com

Care said...

Loving the fire works! such a fun time it looks like you had here!

Natasha said...

love your photos!!

Bangla News said...

Nice photos and post also.

Unknown said...

those firework photos are so pretty!

samantha

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS