We had the best independence day. We spent the day in Seattle at my aunts house. We ate hamburgers, hot dogs, and salad Mike made from vegetables in his garden. (He has become quite the gardener). I really love the 4th. I am so thankful that I get to live in America and for all the wonderful men and women who have fought for my rights.
After dinner, we walked around green lake and got Froyo. It was my first time to ever have it. I loved it. We even went back for a second time this weekend. I felt pretty lucky because my Uncle invited us to watch the fireworks from his office building in downtown. It was really awesome because we beat most of the traffic and still had a wonderful view of the fireworks. It stays light here so late that they didn't start the fireworks until 10:30PM. After the fireworks show, we went home and played with our sparklers. Oh how I love them. The best part of the night was my 6 year old cousin telling me this is her favorite holiday. I love how simple kids are. They are so easily entertained and find the little things grand. I so wish I could be more like that.
We also watched Despicable me. I liked it a lot. I am really wanting to see Monsters University. I loved Monsters Inc. I am hoping I can drag Mike there next weekend to go see it. I am headed home next weekend for my sister's shower :) I am so excited! I can't wait to see how big her tummy has gotten.


5 comments:
That sounds like an amazing 4th! I can't believe you hadn't had froyo before! It's one of my favorites! :-)
Was so excited to see what you were going to wear for the 4th... you didn't disappoint! Love the skirt:)
Oh froyo! I had it twice today *shh dont tell*
Happy 4th weekend!
I spy cute polka dots!
xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee
Jenna, I love your outfit!! As always. So true you never dissapoint. I want to go shopping with you. :)
I love that first picture.
Glad you are happy!
Love,
SHauna xoxoxo
PS. I take most of my pictures. But my husband is a real photographer. He shoots family pictures and he know the camera very well and actually uses the settings. Me, I'm learning from him. I'm slowly but surely getting better. Love to you. xoxox
Aw, it sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Your outfit looked super cute too!
xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com
Post a Comment