Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pilates

I pulled my Pilates reformer out of storage yesterday. I cannot believe how much I have missed that thing.. and how out of shape I was at it. I first did Pilates before my wedding and fell completely in love. I then moved to an area that did not have a Pilates studio. So, I bought myself a very cheap machine. Although it is not nearly as nice as the studio machines, it works well for me.

When we moved to Washington, our house is so small that I haven't had a place to put it. Last night, I asked husband to set up a spot for me in the garage and did about an hour on my beloved reformer. It felt so good to be working my body out in that way again. I swear, Pilates can work my body like no other exercise can. I also love how Pilates focuses on breathing. Since I haven't done Pilates in a while, it is something I had forgotten to think about. But when I was back on the machine, I was focusing on my breath. It felt so good!  I cannot wait to keep using and get strong again. 

4 comments:

Susannah said...

I'm never heard of a pilates machine! That's really cool! I've done pilates with a video and really enjoyed it but I think I would enjoy it a lot more if I were doing it with other people.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I heard Pilates is awesome! Good for you in getting back into it. It helps with so many different things.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Shauna said...

Jenna, I did Pilates a few years back on a regular basis and I totally agree. It was some of the best exercise I've ever done. It's the leanest and stongest I have ever been. Good luck and happy Pilates!!! Love to you and hope you are having a great summer!

Shauna xoxoxoxo

Care said...

Nice work lady!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS