Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Anacortes Arts Festival




On Sunday after church, we walked around the Anacortes Arts festival. There were so many amazing things.. and food. Sadly, we both were stuffed from lunch and didn't eat a thing. They even had chocolate covered strawberry carts. They give you 5 covered strawberries on a stick. I think this is the best idea ever. We just walked around and looked at all of the beautiful art. Seeing everyone's talented artwork makes me wish I was more artistic. 
After the festival, Mike went fishing. He has been fishing everyday for hours at a time. I am starting to wonder if I even have a husband ;) I am happy that he has something he loves so much. It's pretty funny though because if he doesn't catch any fish, he is grumpy.
Also, I ran a 15 mile run on Friday. In under 2.5 hours!! I can't believe I was able to complete it. Training for a marathon has completely changed how I view my body. It's pretty awesome. It has helped me see how strong and powerful I am. I am proud of myself. I wanted to stop about half way through. It's crazy to think I still have to add 11 miles to complete the marathon!
Did I mention how glad I that school is out? 

5 comments:

Susannah said...

Wow, girl! I'm so impressed with your running time! Fabulous job!

Care said...

This looks like such a fun time! I love festivals...
you look as cute as ever!
darling pics!
awesome running!! So proud of you!! keep up the hard work(I'm saying the following comment from past history.. not for the present fitness shape im in;)...)
training is the hardest part, the race will be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was fun! : ) I like your blog!

~Sarah : )

http://atowngirlslife.blogspot.com/

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

ah, i love little fairs and festivals! i really did not attend one all summer, which makes me so sad after reading your post! i usually go to many during the fall months. this looks like such a grand time though!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Mandi said...

This looks like so much fun! Good luck with the marathon!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS