Thursday, August 29, 2013

Home

old picture from our boat tour of deception pass
seal lion! 
deception pass bridge

I headed home to California on a rush because my sister was supposed to go into labor two weeks ago. School was over and I just had to get out of work (luckily, they were very understanding). Well, turns out this baby is very stubborn. I think she gets it from me. Almost two weeks since I left my husband, she still isn't here! I am starting to get very frustrated with her. I wanna be an aunt already. I am quite sure, as soon as she gets here, all my frustration will disappear. Can you imagine how my sister feels? She has gotten so big and is so uncomfortable. Luckily, I have been getting to send some amazing time with my family. My youngest brother had to leave for school today but I got to spend the last few weeks with him. I have loved the quality time spent with my mom as well. Also, my mom loves ice cream as much as I do, so we have been eating it everyday. I love that I have someone who feels the same way as I do. Mike just looks at me like I am crazy (which we probably are). 
I leave for Haiti in 8 days. I am so very excited. I feel so lucky that I get to spend a week in an orphanage. I love children. I also can't wait to see my girlfriend. She is one of my favorite friends. I haven't seen her since our trip to Nashville and I am so ready to give her a big hug. 

I am really missing my husband right now. I wish he could be home with me. It's been a long time since he has been able to come home. I also hate that I am not with him because he is having a hard time with his back. He went to the doctor and figured out he isn't going to be able to fly anymore. I know he is heartbroken and I hate that I am not there for him. He is going to have to get surgery. He really didn't want to have to get it but he is in so much pain everyday that he going to get the surgery. 

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Wow, I'm guessing you're going to have quite the handful of a niece since she's already proving to be this stubborn. ;-) Early congratulations on her! :-)

I'm so excited to read all about your trip to Haiti! I'm sure you're going to have a life changing time!

And I'm SO SORRY for your hubby! Back pain is horrible and I can't imagine having it bad enought to need surgery. I'm so sorry you can't be with him right now!

Kate Costello said...

So exciting waiting on a baby!! You all will eat her up as soon as she arrives =)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS