Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Skills


The other day I was on facebook and read a quote that said the old ladies of our generation will not be able to sew or knit, but they will be able to take awesome selfies in the bathroom mirror. It definitely made me laugh.  It got me to think about my skills. It made me realize that I want to spend more time learning these type of skills. I don't even know how to sew a button on. I currently need some alterations on some clothes but don't want to spend the money to get them altered, so they are sitting in my closet. I want to be able to to do my own alterations one day (or at least my children's alterations). I feel like it was fate because as soon as I saw the quote, Joann's was offering a special on their classes. I immediately signed up for a beginners sewing and knitting class. Although I know it is a long way off before I am proficient at these tanks, I am excited to learn how to do them. And also, family, don't be surprised if you receive something knitted for christmas ;)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenna, you're not a long way off from owning these skills! Sewing is easy! It's like driving a car. You push the pedal and you steer! Please, feel free to ever reach out to me if you have questions about sewing! I LOVE to sew and during the day I work as an apparel designer... I LOVE sharing my skills...I would love to help you learn this dying skill!

J said...

Oh goodness, this is so true! I would love to know how to do some of those things. I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that my husband is the button sewer in our household. I don't even know where to start haha. (But, when it comes to taking awesome selfies, I've got him beat!)

J said...

Oh goodness, this is so true! I would love to know how to do some of those things. I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that my husband is the button sewer in our household. I don't even know where to start haha. (But, when it comes to taking awesome selfies, I've got him beat!)

Shauna said...

Amen Jenna, Amen. I am making my first quilt. I just finished cutting out all of the squares. But I really need a class. I will start sewing it with a friend who has been helping me the whole way. It was one of my goals for the year to finally learn to sew...something. I miss you! A few posts back you are in a picture with a woman that looks just like your mom. It's got to be? She is gorgeous!!!! Just like you. Good luck and happy fall. Love,

Shauna xo

Care said...

haha love the quote- good stuff.. so true!

Unknown said...

Jenna, you are not a considerable ways faraway from possessing these kinds of expertise! Regular sewing is straightforward! It really is just like worries. An individual press the particular pedal and you also push! You should, sense absolve to at any time contact myself when you have inquiries concerning regular sewing! I love to sew and also in the daytime My partner and i act as a great clothes artist... I ENJOY revealing my own expertise... My partner and i would like to allow you to understand this kind of passing away talent! Visit IPORTBD for daily news update

amc agency said...

I can't sew either lol

kube studios said...

ha so true, love the blog.

Unknown said...

I love this blog also

Check my technology blog www.alfeysuny.blogspot.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS